Monday, May 12, 2014

Maxi Dresses for Little Girls


Maxi dresses are a big trend right now and about a year ago I started see little girl maxi dresses on Etsy. I thought I would make a couple of chevron ones for a friend's little girls on their birthday.



They turned out fantastic so I thought I would make my daughters each one to wear for church. I used McCall's Pattern M5838. I took the bodice from version C but the length from F minus the ruffle from C. Confused? Let me explain.... 



I used the all the pieces from version C except the skirt from and back. True to size I made both of my girls size 6 (even though one is 5 she has the waist size of her sister). Then I took the skirt pieces from version F and subtracted the 3.5 inches off the bottom to account for the ruffle on the bottom.



I like the way the bodice fits and the way the ruffle adds added interest to the bodice.


I did swap out a zipper for 3 buttons on the back instead.


The girls love the dresses and like to wear them as dress up clothes to pretend they are the princesses from Frozen. I will certainly be using this pattern to make more dresses, most likely another set of these maxi dresses but I am curious on how version F will look on my 6 year old so that might be next.  Hope you all had a great Mother's Day!
~Jessica

6 comments:

  1. Phenomenal Blog! I may want to thank for the endeavors you've produced in composing this post. I am trusting the exact same best work from you down the road too.bicycle shipping

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve been absent for a while, but now I remember why I used to love this website. Thank you, I will try and check back more often. How frequently you update your site?

    성인야설

    ReplyDelete
  3. An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a co-worker who was doing a little homework on this. And he actually bought me dinner simply because I discovered it for him… lol. So let me reword this…. Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending some time to talk about this topic here on your web site.

    립카페

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but instead of that, this is magnificent blog. An excellent read. I’ll definitely be back. 스포츠마사지

    ReplyDelete