Thursday, September 1, 2011

Soccer Sleeve Holders!


This is my middle daughter JJ, she got to start soccer this year and I was recruited into coaching her team (that is why you will see so many soccer related posts this month). The coaching is going ok, considering I have never played soccer or coached anything in my life.
My sister just started a blog and her description of my team is hilarious... this is her blog.


Since my team consists of 3 &4 year old girls, their XXS uniforms are still big on them. So after seeing a couple girls tying their sleeves up with these cute little tie backs, I thought I would make my soccer star some of her own...


I started off with 4 pieces of fabric measuring around 1 1/2 inches by 6 inches, 2 pieces of elastic around 3 inches long and 2 pieces of Velcro.


First sew the elastic to the wrong side of your fabric about 1 1/2 inches from each side.
The fabric will gather in the center.



Next sew the Velcro onto the fabric.
One will be on the left side of one of the pieces of fabric and one on the right side of the piece of fabric with the elastic sewed onto it.



Next sew the two pieces of fabric together putting right sides together and leaving a hole on the long side so that you can flip it inside out.


Flip inside out, tuck in the raw edges of the hole you left and sew all the way around.



And there you have it, a cooler, less encumbering uniform!



Go team Jaybirds!


No comments:

Post a Comment