Monday, December 5, 2011

Mother Bird Nest Necklace

Mother Bird Nest Necklace

I have been seeing these Bird Nest Necklaces around lately and thought they were really neat! So I was pleasantly surprised when on pinterest one afternoon I found a tutorial on Sarah Ortega's website to make my own.

Handmade Mother Bird Nest Necklace

Off I went to hobby lobby for supplies- chain, 24 gauge silver wire (I also got bronze because it will look more like brown twigs but decided to make my first nest with the silver since it matched the chain) and your choice of beads.
Follow this tutorial here: DIY Nest Necklace

DIY Mother Bird Necklace

I put 3 eggs in my nest since I have 3 birds. I started off putting the eggs in the color of their birth stones but with 2 blue and one pink (March and October) it looked like I had 2 boys and a girl (I have 2 girls and a boy) so I just picked some colors I liked that complimented each other. I think I will make some more of these charms for Christmas gifts this year!

Mother Bird Nest Tutorial
(Back of the charm.)

Eggs in Bird Nest Necklace

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty, I'm curious how this looks with the bronze

    ReplyDelete