Friday, November 8, 2013

A Monster of a Birthday Party

 
My adorable daughter turned 6 right before Halloween. We decided to have a monster party this year...
 
 
With a monster cake...
 
I used marshmallows for the eyes and pre-colored teal frosting so the cake came together quickly.
 
 
I made the girls each a monster bean bag (well they are filled with rice and not beans) I made them just with scraps of felt.
 

 
I also made each girl a monster shirt to match their monster bean bag. I got the shirts from the 99cent store and then using my Cricut and freezer paper I painted a monster onto each.
 
 
I sent the girls on a "Monster Hunt" (scavenger hunt where one clue leads to a monster and the next clue) until all the girls had matching monsters. Then they lined up for a bean bag toss...
 
 
I just made the bean bag toss target out of a cardboard box. I used acrylic paint for the body and white & black construction paper for the teeth and eyes.
 


 
 Also for the birthday girl I made a Bubble Ruffle Tutu Skirt using this tutorial from the Creative Vault.
 


The girls had a great time and were all pleased to be leaving with a monster shirt like the birthday girl and a little baby monster to play with.
~Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment