Saturday, April 14, 2012

Simplicity Pattern 2466: A Mixed Review

Simplicity 2466 Girls Circle Dress

So I had big lofty plans to make me and the girls spring dresses to be worn on Easter and for our annual bluebonnet photo. But then I got busy with Project Run & Play and also a prom dress that I have been commissioned to make, (My first commissioned sewing project!) and only finished my youngest daughters dress.
I decided to use Simplicity 2466, it is my first Daisy Kingdom pattern and I really have mixed reviews about it. 

Simplicity Sewing Pattern 2466 Child's Sportswear, A (3-4-5-6-7-8)

Simplicity Sewing Pattern 2466 Child's Sportswear, A (3-4-5-6-7-8)

First off I learned from past projects and checked out Sewing.PatternReview.com and found out that this pattern has a lot of complaints about the front panel being too long so I was prepared to insert elastic to make it fit better. I pinned it to the dress while on so that I didn't gather it too much and bring the arm holes too close inward. It worked out fine, just making the front a little gathered.

Simplicity 2466 Girls Circle Dress

The straps were also too long but easy to fix.

Simplicity 2466 Girls Circle Dress

And here is how it turned out. True- it does look exactly like the picture on the pattern, but I really don't like the dress at all. I think it looks like a nightgown. I tried to fix this by lining the whole dress with a thicker white cotton. But it is still my least favorite dress I have ever made.

Simplicity 2466 Girls Circle Dress
But here is where the mixed review part comes in.... it is my daughter's favorite dress. She asks to wear it all the time and all she does when she has it on is dance-

Simplicity 2466 Girls Circle Dress

And spin and a spin...


Simplicity 2466 Girls Circle Dress

And that is all I can say about this dress...
except our bluebonnet picture turned out all right anyways even if we aren't all color coordinated!
Simplicity 2466 Girls Circle Dress


2 comments:

  1. As long as she's happy in it! I think it's cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so cute...twirling away!

    ReplyDelete