So I had big lofty plans to make me and the girls spring dresses to be worn on Easter and for our annual bluebonnet photo. But then I got busy with Project Run & Play and also a prom dress that I have been commissioned to make, (My first commissioned sewing project!) and only finished my youngest daughters dress.
I decided to use Simplicity 2466, it is my first Daisy Kingdom pattern and I really have mixed reviews about it.
First off I learned from past projects and checked out Sewing.PatternReview.com and found out that this pattern has a lot of complaints about the front panel being too long so I was prepared to insert elastic to make it fit better. I pinned it to the dress while on so that I didn't gather it too much and bring the arm holes too close inward. It worked out fine, just making the front a little gathered.
The straps were also too long but easy to fix.
And here is how it turned out. True- it does look exactly like the picture on the pattern, but I really don't like the dress at all. I think it looks like a nightgown. I tried to fix this by lining the whole dress with a thicker white cotton. But it is still my least favorite dress I have ever made.
And spin and a spin...
And that is all I can say about this dress...
except our bluebonnet picture turned out all right anyways even if we aren't all color coordinated!